[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws 11 & other information

  • From: "Johny Cassidy" <johnycassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:02:22 +0100

The I Phone itself uses the Apple voiceover function, which is the
equivalent to JAWS or TALKS.  It's a speech synthesizer on the phone.  You
will have to use I Tunes on your PC to get the best out of it - adding tunes
and bookes etc to the I pod - which works really well with JAWS, although it
takes a while to get your head round it.  If it's  just a phone you're after
though I'd suggest getting something like a Nokia and adding TALKS.  There's
a separate help list for this though as it's not a JAWS kinda thing.  Big
Brother watches here to make sure you don't veer off topic.  :)