[jaws-uk] Re: Java and HTML?

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:38:00 -0000

Hi Nigel;

The big question is, where are the radio stations coming from?  If they're
being taken from the web, then HTML would be the most accessible interface,
as well as being cross-platform.  If the software is being used to control
some sort of hardware, then it's either Java, if they want to do something
cross-platform, or either something created using C++, VB or C#, maybe even
J#, under Windows.

So, the two factors to consider, are does it interact with hardware, and
does it need to be cross-platform, i.e. work on different operating systems,
say Windows, Mac OSx, *nix, etc.?

Will