[jaws-uk] JFW6 Frustrations!

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:36:57 -0000

Hi all,

Well, very early impressions, I'm annoyed at a couple of defaults they
seem to have changed. I merged my settings across from 5.1, but Jaws now
seems to speak in a two tone voice, they've put in a speed increment I
think when it reads links, or edit field text, and it announces capitals
when you go read words using the jaws cursor. Why can't they leave basic
stuff alone! I've got the capitalise thing fixed through the text
processing manager in the config, but haven't yet worked out how to fix
this two tone stuff.

I also had classic speech modified, as I had gone to the control type
and changed the read only option to ignore, as mentioned on this list
the other day. But, this has not been transferred over in the merge. In
the classic modified option, there were no list view of components, so I
had to select the default classic, and go modify that again and it saved
as classic modified2.

Off to experiment with some more stuff, but not a happy bunny so far...
Kind regards,

Robin Clayden, Switchboard.
Edinburgh College of Art.