[jaws-uk] Re: JFW10/Win7

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 09:30:53 -0400

It will work with a few limitations that are particular to win 7. the
win 7 calculator, for example, is not accessible and will not read
but can be replaced with an accessible 3rd party calculator that is
available for free from a website that has software for the blind.
You will  need to websearch for it.

Also, jawskey f11 will not read the system tray but the native
windows command for doing so

winkey+b

works and will read it.

It is probably a good idea to keep the current version of nvda for a
backup but should otherwise work ok. Of course, ie9 is not cut out to
work with jaws 10 either.

hth

Doris