[jaws-uk] Re: JFW 7.0 and 7.1 and the internet

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:47:30 +0100

Brilliant...thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "Léonie Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:18 AM
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: JFW 7.0 and 7.1 and the internet

Darren,

With the release of v7.1, Freedom Scientific brought about some
significant changes in the way Jaws renders web pages. The underlying
changes are intended to improve support for applications such as IE, and
Adobe Acrobat.

It is possible to run Jaws v7.1 in legacy mode, which reverts to the
previous way of rendering pages, but it's reasonable to wonder how long =
dual
modes will be offered. To revert to legacy mode, go into the Config =
Manager,
select HTML options, move to the Misc tab and I think it's the third =
setting
on that pane.

Regards,
Tink.=20