[jaws-uk] Re: JFW 6 CD

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:29:59 +0100

Hi Jane,

I'm not Tristram, but as it's after working hours..... allow
me to clarify:-

The following operating Systems will work with JAWS Standard
Version 6, for which you say you have the discs.

Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 98SE
Windows Millennium
Windows XP Home Edition.

The following Operating Systems require the more expensive
PROFESSIONAL version of JAWS.

Windows NT
Windows 2000
Windows XP Professional Edition.

If you are intending buying a new computer, then unless
there is very good reason to, you would be best to go for
Windows XP Home Edition.

George.

Sellers
> Sent: 21 April 2005 17:08
> To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: JFW 6 CD
>
> Hi Tristram,
> I don't understand what you have said, because I have
win98
> with jfw 4.5.1 I have the discs for 6.0 whcih I am not
> installing until i buy a new system can you tell me do I
have
> to upgrade my licence from Win 98 to XOP>? this is what I
> want ot know, because when my RNIB volunteer was here the
other day,
> he3 said that I couldn't have 2000 because of my Jaws
> licence, this is the problem and I don't know why but, it
is
> only coveri g me for Windows 98 what do i have to do to
> change this please? I don't know how much a new licence or
> new computer will cost perhapsy you can advice me please?
> Thank you
> from
> Jane

won't need to
> upgrade
> > your license if you have a Jaws 6.0.  For most in
domestic
> situation the
> > upgrade to Windows XP Pro from any operating system is
unnecessary.

> > Regards.
> >
> > Tristram Llewellyn
> > Sight and Sound Technology
> > Technical Support
> > www.sightandsound.co.uk

stable
> then I shall
> but
> > by then maybe it iwll have changed .
> >
> > Does anyone know how much it is to upgrade Jfw licence
from
> win98 to XP? I
> > shall have to do this soon as Win 98 is going to not be
> supported soon and
> > want to get a new machine, but at present don't have the

> funds to do so I
> > shall have to wait a bit for that, but I do need to know
how much a
> licence
> > would cost please.
> > all the best
> > from
> > Jabne

for
> the internet
> > > licensing thingy.
> > > Am I wrong?
> > > (Don't want to install yet as haven't much faith in my

> machine, after
> its
> > > recent bad behaviour.)
> > >

> > > ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following link:-
[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> > > ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> > > ** jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > ** and in the Subject line type
> > > ** unsubscribe
> > > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click on the
> > > ** immediately-following link:-
> > > ** [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> > > ** or send a message, to