[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS repeating "equals" every second

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:22:09 -0400

Are you showing the clock in the system tray? I mean the windows clock? You can hide this in the taskbar properties. jaws will still give you the time with the

JawsKey+F12

keystroke even if the clock is not visible.

hth

Doris

At 09:54 PM 4/25/2009 +0100, you wrote:
Hello there.

Has anyone come across this before? My father has had JAWS 4.5 running for many years without any problems until recently. Currently JAWS keeps repeating the word "equals" every second, and cannot be made to stop. We thought it may have originated from downloading a clock programme called "say the time", although not sure if this was definitely the cause of the problem.

We have removed the "say the time" programme and removed and reinstalled JAWS, trying both 4.5 and 10.0. However the problem reappears without fail. A full system reformat and restore seemed to work for a while, but the error has now reoccurred.

Is there a setting which has got corrupted, do you think?  Any ideas welcome.

Many thanks.
Adrian Wells (on behalf of Colin Wells  - G4YPW)