[jaws-uk] JAWS on one card, audio on another

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 01:16:50 +0100

Hi all

I've only subscribed this evening but intend to unsubscribe later as I don't wish to bombard your list with silly questions.

Frequently, I subscribe, get the help I need then go away. This is good for me and the list and I can always tell people of how I got the help I needed.

I very much hope you can deal with this seemingly parasitical approach, but all is never as it looks, so your help is very much appreciated.

So, that's enough of apologies I think, so now lets get down to what you guys are all about.

In the past, I've used an XP Home computer connected to an external Creative Labs Soundblaster Card, to an Yamaha Av Unit and multiple room listening service.

Within XP Home, it was easy to get JAWS TO run through my on-board sound card and speakers, whilst routing all other audio to my Creative Labs 24 bit External Card, then onto my Sound system as mentioned.

I still have copies of the mail messages of support and guidance I received and remain very happy to advise XP Home users how to achieve this.

However, , I've moved up to VISTA, but cannot get JAWS to come through one system whilst audio another

This is quite important as I use Gold wave for recording most things and do not wish JAWS to ruin it for me.

So any advise would be very much appreciated.

I do realize that this is new ice and even the guys at Blind Vista cannot assist.

Fingers crossed that someone has looked at this area and can offer advice.

Very best wishes, as always.

Andy.