[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS and a problem with IE

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:32:09 +0100

In Windows XP service pack 2 you automatically get a pop-up killer active
unless you stop it.  Fortunately it is easy process to remedy the situation:
1    Navigate to the sight and page that has the offending link.
2    Attempt to open that link by pressing enter on it.
3    When you hear the clicking sound press alt+N for November.
4    Now press the Windows Application key or Shift+F10 if you like.
5    From the menu choose "always allow pop-ups from this site" and press enter.
6    If you get a dialogue asking you that you are sure you wish to recieve
pop-ups from the site you are on press enter on the "yes" button.
7    The next page will then open for you.
If this does not work for you then scour your "Add and Remove programs" for
Google toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar and uninstall them as they have pop-up blockers
that cause similar trouble and are of inconsequential use to most screen reader
users otherwise.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology