[jaws-uk] JAWS and Dragon NaturallySpeaking

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:25:50 -0000

Well Graham, to be frank, we tried selling a low cost speech recognition
interface twice and people were just not purchasing it.

As you say, we tried it with J-Say Standard and Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Preferred.  Technically, there is no reason why a product cannot be produced
which interfaces directly between jaws and the lower cost Dragon products.
Then we tried again with J-Vist, linking JAWS with Windows Vista speech
recognition.  Again, the market was not interested.  People clearly have to
purchase a product in order for us to put development time and high quality
documentation into producing and maintaining it, together with offering a good
level of support.

However, despite what you say about the price, people do want J-Say
Professional, which gives you the ability not only to dictate into and control
the computer, but also dictate into the Victor Reader Stream and have that text
transcribed into a document or Email message as we have built a special
interface for that.

In summary, the market dictates product development and clearly there is no
shortage of people wanting the Pro product.

Hope that clarifies the position.

Brian Hartgen