[jaws-uk] JAWS ® Placement Test

  • From: "Mostafa" <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 06:52:38 +0200

Dear respectful Jaws users:
As the message title says it all, I' am currently developing a Jaws placement
test for educational aims, and thus, I may demand it to be thoroughly revised
and reassessed in advanced of formally publishing it.
The main objective of arranging this test, is to basicly examine the average
Jaws user sufficient competence to cope within various Jaws commands, and
thereupon, to implement a practical performance of a particular feature if
that's was necessated.
Whether you are an elementary, intermediate, or an advanced Jaws user, your
contributions are to be enormously substantial and appreciated.
Now, to the test.
  JAWS ® Placement test.
JAWS ® Placement test.
Question the first:
General information:
JAWS is a worldwide popular software:
AY : what is it for? , and what it does?
B:What the acronym JAWS is stands for?
C :Who is the JAWS official manufacture? , and where is he located?
D: Does he has a website? , please include it in your answer if so.
Question the second:
Specifications:
AY : When was the first release of JAWS? , what was the version number? , and ,
what is the current
one.
B : How many language does JAWS support?
C : what is the utilities menu? , and what it was meant for?.
D: how many option of JAWS that it could be adjusted alternatively?, Please you
may give an example
where relevant.
Question the third:
Correction.
In this section , you have to specify the correct information and to mark the
false one.
Ay: JAWS takes about twenty five MB of your local hard drives.
B : JAWS could be activated alternatively by two authorization schemes:
C : JAWS works with any braille display you may have.
D : JAWS doesn't support the google Crome.
E : JAWS interacts sluggishly within large PDF documents.
F : Only one version of JAWS could be installed at a time.
G : all the information above were incorrect.
Question the fourth:
JAWS and other applications relation:
Specify from the following a JAWS related application:
Ay: FS reader.
B: Refreshable braille display:
C: Digital scanner.
D: a regular and braille printers.
E: J-Tools.
F: J-Say.
Question the fifth:
Fulfilling a task:
Please give instructions on how to instal JAWS , and how to add additional
synthesizers.
Question the sixth:
Fulfilling a task:
Please give instructions on how to create a voice profile , and since which
version it was available this
feature?
Question the seventh:
Fulfilling a task.
How to use the skim reading tool? , and what is it for?
Question the eighth:
Fulfilling a task.
Please give instructions on how to transfer a previously JAWS adjusted options
from a one version to
another , and what tool I should be using?
Question the ninth:
Fulfilling a task.
How can I adapt the JAWS voice settings? , please instruct.
Question the tenth:
Fulfilling a task.
How can I create a keyboard shortcut to start JAWS at anytime , please
instruct.
Question the eleventh:
Make a prediction:
What do you know about the JAWS prompt create utility? , and , how it could be
used?
Question the twelfth::
Fulfilling a task:
How to adjust the JAWS various performances either temporarily or permanently
for the following features:
AY: The JAWS speaking rate.
B: The Punctuation level.
C: The Typing echo mode.
D: The User Verbosity level.
Question the thirteenth:
Making assumption: Identify the following feature:
Two individual users can be participated in a remotely traning session by using
JAWS , specify the
feature's attribute , and set a description of how it could be used.
Question the fourteenth:
Making assumption:
What is the correct attribute of the following:
a tool which used to add entries onto JAWS for pronunciation purposes.
Question the fifteenth:
Making assumption.
a tool which used to lookup various stuff online, specify the correct attribute
, how it could be accessed ,
and the time by which it was firstly introduced.
Question the sixteenth:
Problem solving:
To your honor , it will be presented a JAWS problem , and the expressed request
is to guide me how to
resolve this encounter:
While I' am using JAWS on outlook express , suddenly it frozes from speaking
unless , blank blank.
Please give a practical guide on how to solve this JAWS problem. Question the
seventeenth:
Fulfilling a task and problem solving.
Ay: what is the utility which I can use to change a keystroke that was set for
a particular performance ,
specify the utility's correct attribute and give a practical guidance on how to
do that.
B: While I' am using JAWS on microsoft internet explorer , it won't read the
headings and tables
properly as I' am navigating around.
Question the eighteenth:
Identify the following contractions and expressions.
1: JSB
2 : JDF
3 : JCF
4 : JAWS scripting.
5 : FSDN
Question the nineteenth:
Solving a problem.
While I' am using JAWS to read some E books , unexpectedly , JAWS became a dead
rock , it won't
speak to me anymore , even by rebooting the PC.
Question the twenteieth
Make a prediction:
What do I need to examine in order to determen if this application in
particular is demanded to be
scripted for?
Question the twenty first:
Match the following Jaws keystrokes with the relevant function:
1: Jaws key plus J.
2: Jaws key plus F.
3: Jaws key plus K in the laptop keyboard layout.
Best Wishs.