[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS ONLY COMING OUT OF ONE SPEAKER INSTEAD OF 5

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:12:32 +0100

To add to what everyone else said about checking the balance and all that, there is another possibilitty. Because jaws is in mono, it could be that jaws is only coming out of the central speaker. Maybe it's also coming from the subwoofer if you have it, but unless you're right next to it this would be hard to notice. As most of the youtubes clips are mono, this could be also the reason for that, but if you listen to a music CD, as most music is in stereo parts of the material can be heard through all the speakers. If you have a CD with just speach on it, try listening to that and see if that only comes out of the central speaker as well, that will probably be the case as again, unless it's some sort of dramatisation, speach will be in Mono. You can try the same with radio station. Go online and try streaming a talk radio station, then stream a music station and compare that way.

Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://mashupradio.net
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx