[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS & Mail Merge

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:10:14 +0100

This is a great outline of the procedure, and it works like this in Word
2003 as well.

There are a couple of shortcuts which may be useful.

When you want to insert a merge field, instead of pressing F6 to go the
task pane and then activating the more items link, you can press Alt +
Shift + F to open a dialogue and do it from there. This is good for one
insertion; in other words when you insert a field the dialogue closes
and you need to press Alt + Shift + F again if you want to insert a
second field.

Once you have inserted all the merge fields you can press Alt + Shift +
N to merge to a new document. If you're happy with the result, you can
print with Control + P. If you're not, you can close the new document
(which will be called Letters1) and return to the document with the
merge fields to correct it. if the correction needs to be made in the
list of recipients, in the task pane use the Previous link until you're
on the Select Recipients screen, then tab to Edit recipient list and
press Enter to open the mail merge recipients dialogue, then Tab to the
Edit button and press it.

As soon as you start a mail merge, the document is put into print layout
view. I only mention this because if you prefer Normal view, you can
change it back after the merge has been completed.

Steve