[jaws-uk] JAWS CRASHING WHEN I ATTEMPT TO TRANSFER CASSETTES TO PC

  • From: "Kevin Morris" <drewdog101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:56:41 +0000

Good evening,

I've downloaded the Beata of Audacity and have purchased Ion Tape2PC
USB Cassette Archiver in order to transfer my cassette collection to
my PC. I'm using a HP desktop with 3gb of RAM (only purchased a few
months ago) and Jaws 10.

I'm connecting the Ion Tape2PC to a USB port without any problems,
however on turning on the power to the Ion Tape2PC USB Cassette
ArchiverJaws crashes. On some occasions I can restore Jaws (but only
after turning off the power to the Ion Tape2PC) but, in other
instances I've had to restart the computer in order to get Jaws to
come back on.

Has anyone used Ion Tape2PC successfully with Jaws? If so I'd be
grateful for advice on how to do this.

Precisely the same problem happened when I attempted to use Narrator
(insted of Jaws) i.e. on turning on the power to the Ion Tape2PC all
sound (from Narrator) was lost.

A sighted friend is able to make everything operate fine but without
Jaws being turned on.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,