[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS AND SKYPE

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 06:56:31 -0500

Which version of skype are you running and wich version was being offered for an update?if you are running the latest build of the skype scripts for jaws, the latest stable build of skype, i.e. skype 3.8 will be compatible with jaws.

the beta of skype 4.0 is not recommended for use by the average speech user at the time as many of the accessibility features and keyboard shortcuts are not yet implemented in the skype beta.

hth

Doris
At 11:27 AM 12/13/2008 +0000, you wrote:
Hi all

On logging into Skype this morning I was asked whether I wanted to
download the latest version of Skype. I clicked "decide later" as I
don't know whether the latest version is compatible with Jaws Skype
scripts. Does anyone have any information on this please?

Thanks,

Kevin