[jaws-uk] JAWS AND GRAPHICS

  • From: "Val" <val17@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:43:26 +0100

Hi list, here I am again picking your brains (although I think I know the
answer).

I have been using JAWS for the last ten years and always keep my SMA up to
date as my Company don't go in for SMA's on their programs.  I have recently
changed jobs within the Organisation and now am faced with two problems:

We have a Housing Database which, although it is on its way out - will be
superseded by something else) I am going to have to use for the interim.
The trouble is that its a graphical with text programme.  JAWS doesn't see
the graphics but neither does it see the text.  The other problem is the new
phone system which again, I understand, has a load of pretty pictures on it.
B and our IT guys have tried to put it through the computer on soft keys
but, of course, again JAWS doesn't want to play.

We are using XP and V7 and I think the phone system is Avia or something
like that.  I am now based in a Call Centre and they can't get round the
problem of the phone or database.  BT have washed their hands of trying to
get the phone on soft keys.

I know JAWS Graphic Labler might do some of the pictures, but has anyone any
ideas on how we can mass label.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Regards