[jaws-uk] JAWS 9 and Outlook

  • From: "Gopal Mitra" <Gopal.Mitra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:43:57 -0000

Hi,

I am Using JAWS 9 and Outlook 2003

Have just reloaded JAWS 9 onto my system. When using Outlook from the
exchange server  and whilst in the inbox, the up and down keys should
help scroll between mails in the Inbox and JAWS should anounce the
sender/ date etc depending on the settings.

However, JAWS does not seem to announce the sender or anything at all
but if I press enter it reads the mail. So now I have to press enter on
every mail  to know who it is from, by reading a part of the mail. I
have unchecked the reading pain in the view menu and have also checked
the "read headers" in the verbosity options but no luck yet.

How can I set it so that JAWS announces the sender/ recepient when I key
up or down through the inbox or for that matter through the sent items.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Gopal

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Leonard Cheshire
Disability does not accept any liability for the content of this message. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Leonard Cheshire Disability. If you have
received this transmission in error, please contact the sender and delete it
immediately.

Leonard Cheshire Disability is a company limited by guarantee, registered in
England no: 552847, and a registered charity no: 218186 (England & Wales) and
no: SC005117 (Scotland) VAT no: 899 3223 75. Registered office: 66 South
Lambeth Road, London, SW8 1RL.