[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 9 and Outlook

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:27:05 -0000

Gopal,

I agree with Tristram; I don't think there is a setting for this in
Outlook. What you can do is press Alt + 1 twice to select the sender's
email address, and then press Applications key to get a menu which
contains an option to Add to Contacts. That will open a new contact
window with at least the name and email address taken from the sender,
which you can save and close with Alt + S. I just tried this with your
message, and found it's slightly different on the JAWS UK mailing list,
where the email is forwarded to the list and there are then effectively
two addresses in the To area. Pressing Alt + 1 twice grabs the first
address, which is the forwarding address. To get yours I had to then
press End, Shift + LeftArrow to select your address. Then I could press
Applications key to get the menu.

When you send a message to someone, the first time you will need to type
their address in or get it from your Address Book which you can open
from the Tools menu. On subsequent messages, as soon as you start typing
the address in Outlook should be offering the names of previous
recipients you've emailed; you can DownArrow through a list of them and
press Enter on the one you want to pick. The more letters of the name
you type, the more likely it is that the recipient will be at the top of
the list.

If Outlook isn't giving you this list, open the Tools menu and choose
Options. Tab to the E-mail Options button and press it, then Tab to the
Advanced E-mail Options button and press it. Near the bottom of that
dialogue there is a "suggest names while completing To, Cc and Bcc
fields", which needs to be checked.

Steve