[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 6.0

  • From: "Val Brown" <val17@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:42:41 -0000

Hi Listers,

Sorry to be behind the times (and expecting you to back track on this
subject) but I have only just got our IT boys at work to install the latest
version of JAWS and what a nightmare it was.  The programe disk went in
fine, no trouble, and also the authorisation disk, but then it asked for
either internet, telephone, etc. registration.  They tried to register via
the net but a strange message came back so it was down to the phone.  S & S
promised to email the code but, guess what, it was stopped by our Firewall
and was deleted.  Then the technician couldn't come back until today and I
spent two and a half days with the 40 minute version.  At last S & S got the
code through and all is now well.

Trouble is, I am petrified now of trying to install on my home P.C. in case
I run up against the same problems with authorising the version.  Any tips
please.

Regards

Val Brown