[jaws-uk] JAWS 15 queries

  • From: "Paul Roberts" <anorack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 14:46:58 -0000

Hi all,

Around three weeks ago, I was upgraded to Windows 7 and JAWS 15 in work.

Generally things are going well, however I have sevarl queries and wonder if
anyone on hear can shed any light please.

whilst reading through a word document or lengthy Email, I usually press
insert and numpad 3, so as not to have to keep down arrowing.

since the upgrades, i've noticed that JAWS 15 has a tendency to go silent
after every few lines, and then resumes speaking again.

Sometimes, it will stop and I have to either down arroe or press insert
numpad 3 to kick start JAWS.

The other oddity also relates to reding lots of text. for some reason, JAWS
15 will start talking slowly for a few seconds and then revert back to the
speed I have set it at, which for the record is around 45 per cent.

When JAWS is talking slowly, it sounds a bit like one of those commercial
radio sweeper jingles, where the voice has been electronically slowed down,
making the voice sound distorted and stretched.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can stop either or both above issues, then
please do let me know.

I should point out that as yet, i'm not on JAWS 15 at home.

Thanks

Paul.