[jaws-uk] JAWS 11 Windows 7 64 bit and Explorer 8

  • From: "Neil Watson" <neil.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:23:58 -0000

Hi All

Have had windows 7, Explorer 8 and Jaws 11 all working quite happily
together for a few months.  We were testing out a new router and the
interface on the router has affected the way that Jaws 11 and Explorer 8 are
working.  Jaws is now working fine in other programs, but will not speak
links in explorer 8.  For example, if I open explorer 8 in Google, it reads
the header, but then says there are no links and cannot access the form
field (despite my partner telling me the webpage has loaded correctly).
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Jaws, running jaws in default mode,
running explorer in the basic mode and I am no longer using the router...
nothing so far has worked.  Does anybody have any suggestions before I let
my partner loose with reinstalling the whole system - again!

Thanks

Kerry