[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 11 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 8

  • From: dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:28:32 +0000

Have you tried turning off the Tab browsing in internet options?

Martin

Kevin Morris recently said:-

Hi all,

I'm running Jaws 11 on a Windows 7 Home Premium Sony Vio laptop. Until
today Jaws interacted without any issues with both Internet Explorer 8
and Firefox. However Jaws is now only reading "edit" when I open
Internet Explorer. The cursor keys produce no result and, when I type
an address into the address bar, the site opens but Jaws will only
announce "RNIB" or whatever site I'm in, I.E. it won't navigate around
the site. When Jaws is turned off my sighted wife can use Internet
Explorer, no problem. Firefox is also working fine (I'm using it to
write this message).

In desperation I reset Internet Explorer to its default settings,
however I'm still not able to navigate using Internet Explorer and
Jaws.

I've run Superantispyware which has detected no issues.

I'm at a loss to know what to do. Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,

Kevin