[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 11 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 8

  • From: "John Burling" <j.burling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 08:47:47 -0000

Hi Kevin.  Is it possible that the virtual cursor has been disabled? If you
press Alt+Del immediately on entering Internet Explorer, does JAWS say
"virtual PC cursor active"? If not, then try JAWS+z to turn the virtual
cursor back on. If this turns out to be the issue, then you'll need to
update the JAWS configuration so it defaults to the virtual PC cursor being
turned on. Of course, this would still beg the question of why the problem
occurred in the first place, but it's hard to think of another plausible
explanation for such a radical change in behaviour. Let us know how you get
on.

Cheers.

John