[jaws-uk] Re: Is there a Short cut key to mute jaws?

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:02:02 +0100

And if silencing the Progress Bar Updates announcement doesn't sort it out, you
can try setting Screen Echo to No Text in Config Manager/User Options. I had to
do this with Real Alternative to fix a similar issue to the problem you're
having. Setting Screen Echo to No Text will not mute Jaws and cause you to lose
speech all together, but rather will stop Jaws from reading the screen when it
changes. I think this is a better option than muting Jaws completely.

HTH,
Amro