[jaws-uk] Re: Irritating message in Outlook Express. a

  • From: "susan mcdonald" <glantafflass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:27:11 +0000

This worked in an earlier version of jaws, don't know if the set up is
still the same in jaws 10,  hth

Go into the application you want to change.  Bring up Configuration Manager,
press Alt S to get into Set Options.

Cursor down to Speech and Sounds Manager and press enter.  Tab to an
edit field and then press enter again.

Press Ctrl plus tab to go into the Control Type page.  Just press R
until it says "Read Only.  Now tab once and
you will be in a list of Radio buttons I think.  If you cursor up once it
will say "Ignore checked".

From here just tab to the Ok button and exit in the usual way, saving the
changes in the process.  If you think you've made a mess just tab to the
Cancel button and start again.