[jaws-uk] Ip numbers

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 00:06:41 +0100

Hi List I wonder if anyone knows if an Ip number identifies each computer or Address. example suppose you have a Desktop and a laptop and one is wired into the Router and the other a laptop goes Via the Wireless router, add to that you have one account and ISP, will both computers have the same Ip number please? I once recall a Jaws user on this list ask George to track something that he did not like the look of and George got some information by checking the Ip number. Belark Advisor gives some information about a computer but as yet I am not sure if it is the same on both.I know some Servers have Ip numbers that are static and others that move in and out of a Pool Thanks Dorothy