[jaws-uk] Re: Internet Explorer behaving strangely

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:23:15 +0100

This is a long shot Alistair, but take a look at your hosts
file in a text editor such as NotePad.

You will find the file at

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

It should look much the same as mine which follows my
signature.

DO NOT make any changes just yet.  Just tell me if there is
anything other than shown below.

George.

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for
Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host
names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address
should
# be placed in the first column followed by the
corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at
least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on
individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#'
symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source
server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client
host

127.0.0.1       localhost