[jaws-uk] Re: Internet Explorer

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 11:44:19 +0100

Internet Explorer

If you want to use the Internet Explorer toolbar, you should include text

labels on the buttons. To do this:

  1.. Alt v to open view and select Toolbars submenu
  2.. choose customize
  3.. select Text Labels.

There are several advanced options that should also be changed.

1. Open the Internet Options dialog under

the Tools menu

2. Go to the Advanced page.

3. Under The Accessibility Section, make sure the following are checked:

- Always expand all text for images.

- Move system caret with focus/selection changes.

Under the Browsing section, make sure the following are not checked:

- Show friendly URLs.

-Show channel bar at startup.

- Use smooth scrolling.

-- Enable page transitions.

In the Accessibility dialog, make sure Ignore Colors Specified On Web Pages

is checked. This dialog opens when you press the Accessibility button in the

General page of the Internet Options dialog.

Have fun

Barry