[jaws-uk] Re: Installing scanner software.

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:47:21 +0100

Sue,

On my PC today when I put the CD in JAWS said "CanoScan setup utility"
and nothing more. I did Alt + F4 to close this window, then went to My
Computer, found the CD drive and went to the ScanGear folder, then the
English subfolder and hit Enter on setupsg.exe. That unzipped a bunch of
files and then did ended. When I unplugged and replugged the scanner, I
got the new hardware added message and, after a few seconds, it had
found the unzipped driver and installed it. My scanner now works.

I'd be interested in knowing if this works for you too.

Steve