[jaws-uk] Re: Improving Internet access for blind and visually-impaired individuals - UK & Irish-based volunteers sought

  • From: Léonie Watson <lw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:44:15 -0000

All,

Having volunteered a little of my time to talk to these guys, I can vouchsafe that they are a friendly bunch who clearly want to make a difference to the way people interact with technology.

They make no ridiculous claims, only state that they want to explore the ways in which blind people use their computers and access the Internet. I'd recommend that anyone give them a call/drop them an email and help out if they can.

The more of us who get in touch with this project, the greater their understanding and appreciation of adaptive technologies and the people who use them. The better their knowledge, the better placed they'll be to develop something truly remarkable.

Regards,
Tink.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Web4Blind Project" <web4blind@xxxxxxxxx>