[jaws-uk] Re: ITV player query with JAWS

  • From: "Andrew Roberts" <andrew.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:44:05 +0100

Hi Paul,

The ITV Player always causes us people without sight a problem I'm afraid.

There are two things:-

When you have located the heading that says "Play Now" it is here where you
need to press enter.  The programme you want to watch should then start to
play.  However when you do this you might find that a box comes up asking
you to either sign in or register.  It seems these days you can't watch a
programme on the ITV Player without doing this.  Registering is completely
free they just ask for your email address, a password, your postcode I
think, and a couple of other questions (I can't remember them all off hand.

So, Find your programme again, locate the Play Now heading, press enter on
it and if nothing happens explore the page to make sure this box hasn't come
up.  If it has then you will need to register.  If not something else is
going on and we will need to try and work out what that is.

All the best,

Andrew