[jaws-uk] IT7 PROBLEMS

  • From: "Val Brown" <valerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:32:46 +0100

I haven't been following threads on this list too closely lately so my
question might already have been answered.  Yes its that IE7 again.

Using the latest JAWS V and upgrade and XPhome, I installed IE7.  Well big
mistake from the beginning.

When I'm on a webpage and am browsing a site, when I come to the end of the
page (usually where it says who powers the site, etc. etc.) and I want to go
round again by presing tab, etc. IE comes up with "Stop, refresh", change
home page etc. etc.  I got my son who is very computer literate and
understands JAWS to have a look tonight because, in my nievity, I thought I
could hide all that rubbish and life would be good.  Despite him playing
with various bits of the system I wouldn't dare to look at or even know
where to find, he came to the conclusion that these things can only be
"killed" for the session you're on.  He found that as soon as he came into
another web page, the dratted things were back.

I suppose really I shall have to give in and revert back to V6 unless anyone
on this list knows better.

Living in hope.

Val.