[jaws-uk] Re: I need a keystroke for Outlook 2010 please

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 17:53:01 +0100

Hi Keith,

You need to turn off the 'reading pane' and 'to do pane' in the 'Layout
menu. Having these open confuses JAWS and are not essential. To turn them
off:

1. Shift F6 twice to the ribbon menu;
2. Right cursor until you get to the 'View' menu;
3. Cursor down until you get to the 'Layout' option and then right cursor;
4. Cursor down once to 'reading Pane' and press enter;
5. choose 'off' from the options and press enter;
6. To turn off the 'To Do' pane, follow shift F6 once and this should land
you on the 'Reading Pane' option, cursor down once to 'To Do' and press
enter;
7. Choose 'off' from the options and press enter;
8. F6 once back to the message list.

The edit box you come across will still be there as it is the search box
where you can search for emails or parts of emails. I haven't come across a
means of turning this off yet.

Hope this helps.

John.