[jaws-uk] Re: How does one remove an authorisation key from a machine running the latest jaws 6 ILm version

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:24:59 +0100

Hi Steve,

The ILM system is new, and unfortunately like all new
systems, there are teething problems.

Yours would be a good test case to follow through to see if
Freedom Scientific can establish what happened here.  I'll
see if this can be done.

George.

when
> I went to reauthorize my copy of jaws 6.1, the ILM site
said
> that I had no allocation left. So I can confirm, by bitter

> personal experience that although that menu item strips
your
> computer of an authorisation token, it DOES NOT return the

> token to FS so you can use it again.
>
> In my case, authorisation was refused until I had sent an
> e-mail to FS who,
> 18 hours later, replied that my count had reached zero and

> they had returned me to a full authorisation count.
> Unfortunately, this left me with only a 40 minute version
of
> jaws, which was totally inadequate for me to record a TV
> programme I particularly wanted to watch.
>
> I hated the awful floppy disc key authorisation system and
> hate this ILM system almost as much.
>
> Steve Green

link:-
[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]