[jaws-uk] Re: How do I retrieve the long security number?

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:53:45 +0000

Hello

If you know what your JAWS Serial number is call Sight and Sound with it and we
will be able to obtain the authorisation number.  Secondly a quick set of
definitions that may help:

Serial number:
This is to identify a specific copy of JAWS, when enquiring about a problem
with JAWS the serial number is useful information to Support people.

Authorisation number:
Every ILM JAWS will have an authorisation number, this is a 20 digit key
somewhat similar to those you might meet for Microsoft products.  It is
necessary to have this either in the form of just the number or the
authorisation CD for JAWS.

Locking code:
This is a code that is generated as a system fingerprint by JAWS.  It is used
in order to identify one PC or configuration from another.  It is required
during JAWS activation.

Activation License Code:
This is a string of code over 100 digits long that will activate a specific
JAWS system.

It is most common for people to lose their authorisation CD or number.  We try
to log those that we retrieve from Freedom Scientific, but if we do not have it
we can get for a specific customer.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Technical Support