[jaws-uk] Re: How can I make JAWS recognise these links?

  • From: "susan mcdonald" <susan_mcdonald52@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:54:54 +0100

Thanks Robert, I have also been having this problem in emails over a certain length, like the long fwd's that do the rounds. I take it we are all using virgin media broadband and if we all put a report in they may take notice, I won't hold my breath LOL

From: "Robert Winter" <robju.furball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: How can I make JAWS recognise these links?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:59:26 +0100

Hi Pete,

I have found a work around for your problem without you having to revert to demo of Window Eyes!

When you have more than 30 tracks listed, you nee to switch to "use virtual PC Cursor Off" mode by pressing jaws + Z. Then tab until you hear 2, 3, next etc. Press enter on the desired link and then switch back to virtual PC cursor mode with jaws + Z once the page has loaded.

It's not an ideal solution but better than nothing. It's certainly worth dropping a line to Virgin Digital pointing this out to them though.

Cheers.

Robert