[jaws-uk] Re: Hot key for start up

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:39:37 -0000

Hi Jim,

What I think you are getting is just the Jaws window and it sounds like you
are running Jaws as a normal window rather than from the System Tray.  What
you are experiencing is perfectly normal.

However, if you would prefer to run Jaws from the System Tray, do the
following:

1.     Press Insert+J to go to the Jaws context menu.  You should be
automatically on the Options item.

2.    Press Enter to open the Options menu

3.    Press Enter on the Basics option to open the dialogue..

4.    Press Tab until you get to the item called ?Run Jaws from System Tray?
and press Spacebar until this is checked.

5.    Press Enter to complete the process.

When you next load Jaws, it will run from the System Tray and there will not
be a Jaws application window getting in your way as you describe.  Remember
though, that you need to get to Jaws in a different way than Alt+Tab as it
won?t be on the list of applications when you use this command.

Regards,

Jamie