[jaws-uk] Re: Hot key for start up

  • From: "cliff williams" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:54:55 -0000

Hi
Sorry to come in at this stage, I am still using jaws 7.1 and had the same
problem at one time. I don't know if it's any help but when I tried starting
jaws by having an icon pointing to the jfc.exe in programs folder it would
not accept a shortcut key. The reason being, that jaws loads into a ramfile
when the computer starts and it will not allow you to have a shortcut key
unless it points to ramfiles\jaws etc. I realise you have told it not to
start at startup but it's quite possible that windows is still loading the
ramfile and unless the icon points to that it will not allow you to asign
the hot key.
regards cliff williams