[jaws-uk] Help with a Jaws script

  • From: "Keith" <k.clyde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Group \(Jaws Send Message\)" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 14:01:06 +0100

Good afternoon all,

I'm using:

Jaws 16,

Windows 7, 32 bit

I use Notepad as my main editing program.

I should say I am no expert at scripting, but have managed over the years to
create very simple scripts to perform many simple functions very
effectively.

I had managed to incorporate many Jaws scripts into Notepad, which, among
other things, enabled me to, for instance, delete a line by pressing F4.

All was going well until this week, when I installed the Serena voice from
the FS web site. This completely fouled up Jaws.

With the help of Tristram from S&S, we sorted things out, but at the expense
of my losing all my Jaws settings, which included my script for Notepad.

I had made a copy of the Notepad script, which was created long before Jaws
16, but which worked perfectly with 16.

But now, when I copy that script into Notepad.jss, it doesn't work.

I need help, please, as to what information goes at the top of the script
file, before my scripts begin.

If anyone can please help, I would be very grateful

With many thanks,

Keith

e-mail:

k.clyde@xxxxxxxxxxxx