[jaws-uk] Halifax on line banking

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 16:46:15 -0000

Afternoon all,

Has anyone else started using the new Halifax on line banking service?  This
has been gradually rolled out from the start of the year.

It requires us to get used to a new layout, but on the whole, seemed reasonable
to use with Jaws.  Until I tried to process a transaction.

I wanted to make a payment to an external account.  I have the bank details for
this transaction set up in my account, and have used it several times on the
old web site.  So I know it works.  Now, when I click on the button to complete
the transaction, I get a message about some sort of compatibility conflict, and
the site freezes.  I have to close down my browser and start again.  This has
happened several times, so is a consistent fault.

I've reported it to the bank, and of course they want me to check my browser
settings, even though it worked fine until they made all the changes.

Has anyone else started using this new site, and have you experienced any
problems?

I'm using IE 8 with Jaws 11.

Look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Ken