[jaws-uk] Re: HJ Pad and thesaurus

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:51:41 -0000

Hi Tiddy,

Sorry to contradict you, but there is a Thesaurus with Word, etc..
I've copied the relevant Help sections from both Word 2003 and 2007
below.

George.

Look up words in the thesaurus (Office 2003)
1. On the Tools menu, click Research.
2. In the Search for list, select Thesaurus.
3. Press ALT and click the word you want to look up.
Results appear in the Research task pane.
4. To use one of the words in the list of results or to search for
more words, do one of the following:
o To use one of the words, point to it, click the down arrow, and then
click Insert or Copy.
o To look up additional related words, click a word in the list of
results.
Notes
* You can also look up words in the thesaurus of another language. If,
for example, your document is in French and you want synonyms, click
Research options in the Research task pane, and then under Reference
Books, select the thesaurus options you want.

* Microsoft Office OneNote 2003, Microsoft Office Visio 2003, and
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 do not support ALT and click. Use the
right mouse button (right-click), and click Look Up on the shortcut
menu.
* The thesaurus is installed by default. If, however, you receive no
results from the thesaurus, you may need to reinstall it.
* In Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, the Research task pane is
available only when you are reading or composing e-mail messages.

Look up words in the thesaurus (Office 2008)

Using the Research feature, you can look up synonyms (different words
with the same meaning) and antonyms (words with the opposite meaning)
in the thesaurus.
 TIP   In Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, and
Microsoft Office Outlook, you can look up a word quickly if you
right-click anywhere in the document, presentation, open message, or
previewed message in the Reading Pane, and then click Synonym on the
shortcut menu.