[jaws-uk] Guest visitor

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:05:29 +0100

Hi List, I have a Desktop  machine and a laptop  Desktop goes via the
Router being wired in, the laptop  via the Wireless I can print from the
Laptop from any part of the house but do not often do that.

I am the only person who uses my computers sole administrator, However
recently running tests to try and solve the  reason my Posts sent as a reply
to the Jaws list are  mangled by Encarta I have run Belark Advisor on both
computers not to mention  in run dialogue Ms info 32  now a friend far more
observant than I am spots in the Belark run from my Desktop  that a Guest
visitor is found, this is not a comfortable feeling , I am wondering if this
has  ever happened to anyone else, I have heard of something called Piggy
backing, I also listen to  Computer Active Mag on tape and hear a lot about
security I do not frequent unfamiliar Websites I neither buy on line either
but  how can the  mystery visitor be identified, is it possible at all? can
you look  if you live alone as I do at your computers if you have  a
Wireless connection and see if you run Belark if you  hear Jaws mention a
Guest, seems from one  Belark I ran on the  3rd August for example I had a
guest on the 30 the August at 8 pm or thereabouts.
Please help if you can thanks Dorothy