[jaws-uk] GoldWave - Showing zoom rate.

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 11:37:34 +0100

Greetings,

This, I think, may relate specifically to a possible problem with Jaws
scripts for GW, it has been noted for all GW releases and all scripts
certainly since GW v5.12.

It does not matter whether using Jaws 9, 10 or 11,  whethere on laptop or
desktop, in both cases using WindowsXP home and originally on the laptop,
using WindowsME in the early days of GW when using v5.12.

Working with the program, switching between windows and back to the program,
when adjusting or reading the zoom, most times it reads correctly but,
totally unpredictably it suddenly reads 00 seconds, remaining thus no matter
what I try, then it might suddenly start reading properly.

any idea what is happening?

When I say reading, if I change the zoom it remains saying 00 seconds, it
says 00 seconds when using the keystrokes shift-alt-z.  Sometimes I have
unloaded Jaws, reloaded and it still shows 00 seconds, but sometimes it
corrects itself.  I've closed down GW and restarted and sometimes it says 00
seconds and others it reads correctly, note Jaws session still running.

I've even closed whole system down and rebooted, sometimes is corrected,
others is not.

Any ideas folks?

Colin Howard living in Park gate near Swanwick in
Hampshire, wishes to thank you for reading his emails.