[jaws-uk] Re: GOOGLE CHROME AND JAWS INCOMPATIBLE ISSUES

  • From: "Carlos Vallejo" <carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:47:56 +0100

Hi Kevin
I use Jaws 11 in Windows Vista. I installed Chrome and found that it doesn't
work with Jaws. I uninstalled chrome and some time later a friend removed a
toolbar left after the removal of the main program. From that moment on, I
started getting an error message whenever I tried to follow any link sent to
me via Outlook 2007. I don't remember the exact wording of the message but
it was something like: Due to a security feature in this computer this
operation has been cancelled. Eventually I discovered that Chrome, or the
Chrome toolbar had left a couple of entries in my Registry. Having got rid
of the entries in my Registry my PC started behaving normally.
Good luck,

Carlos.