[jaws-uk] Freeserve and IP numbers continued

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:11:43 +0100

sorry about the interruption, I did in fact lose my phone line twice last
night,but it  is holding at the moment. I was explaining Freeserves
explanation as to why  many emails are returned from people who are waiting
and wanting to hear from me. In fact 2 have just arrived in one says 'timed
out'  but it is meaningless as the other party will not be at fault. Can you
explain why  if an IP number is Static it gets through  but one  like
Freeserve gives out which seems to be moved in and out of a "central Pool"
is the root cause..  I have an anti-spam blocker and Avg   Spam  blocker is
Adaware, They say the problem is incurable and they are fully aware of it. I
should get my MAC code soon. I will need to wait for sighted help doing
whatever you have to do. My Wireless Router I think will need adjusting? If
I want people to know  how to  I let them know, my address book is the same
on both the desktop and laptop. Is there a way I can let  everyone know in
one fell swoop? finally this may be of interest I am choosing Zen as my next
Isp. I think they are said to be good, you need only sign up a monthly
contract. Regarding Plusnet some weeks ago I told the list I had spent a
week trying to contact a human being there. I think Tristram said it maybe
due to them updating or improving the service he said he used them.  However
when I did finally get to speak to a human being he toldme the  problem was
due to       mistakes made  by employees and that training was being  given.
So, whilst at least he was being honest with me I  decided  to look around a
bit.. If anyone has any tips about  moving I shall be grateful. I shall have
some sighted help in a week or so but not before.The MAc code lasts for 30
days. I would appreciate any helpful information.