[jaws-uk] Re: Flor what is the answer then.

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:13:27 -0000

Hi Dorathy,

A wild card is used if you do not know the full word that you want to search
for.

For example, if you want to search for the phrases:

Mary had a little lamb
Mary had a little lion

The search phrase

Mary *

Would return both phrases

Mary had a l*

would return the first phrase only, and

Mary nad a little la??

Would return the first phrase.

Basically, how it works, is you use * in place of the rest of the
characters/words you are looking for, and if you are not sure of a few letters
only, use ? (the question mark) for each letter.

Thanks.
Andrew.