[jaws-uk] Re: Filling out forms on PDF docs

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:43:24 +0100

"A pdf file is a protected document normally, you can't edit it."

Actually that isn't strictly true, there are technicl provisions within
the format for you to fill out a PDF form, but it depends on the
document.  Under the right circumstances you can fill out a PDF form
using JAWs and Adobe Reader.

However, I have not seen many of these and one that did encounter in the
wild and serious problems which meant that even though you could
theoretically fill it out it didn't really work, this was more down to
the forms product rather than the inate ability to fill it out.

The vast majority of PDF forms are designed to be printed out and filled
out by hand as far as I know.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England
and Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road