[jaws-uk] File not opening

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 22:08:43 -0700

My mum has a couple of files on a USB pen drive. One is for some personal
details and one for the details for her online bank account. I decided it would
be wise to password protect these for her just in case she ever lost the pen.
Within MS Word, I went to Tools, Options and then set a password under the Save
tab. Both files were given the same password (Probably not a good idea I know).
One is opening fine. However, when we try to open the other and type in the
password I know is correct, there is a message saying "The filename or path are
not valid"
Any ideas why this is happening? And more importantly, can it be fixed and the
information retrieved?
I'll be very greatful for any help offered.

Barbara
barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx