[jaws-uk] Re: Facebook - an idiott's guide

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:56:33 +0100

for most people, you could achieve something like facebook if everyone
joined an email list.  finding that list would be difficult however.  in its
most basic form facebook lets you look for people you know and add them as
friends.  then when you click on their name you can  send them a private
message if you want.  When you update your status, your friends can easily
see that you have updated it.  People can say what they are doing and you
can read this.

You may not give a flying **** about what other people are doing in which
case fine, don't join facebook or deactivate your account if it is not what
you want.  You are not uncool or stupid or necessarily a luddite if you do
not want to know about facebook.

If you do decide to use it then the mobile site http://m.facebook.com is a
good option. you can navigate the main site but it is a bit more fiddly.

There are other things you can do as well.  You can attach a photo to your
profile so others can view it.  there are various facebook applications and
games you can play.  I believe some of these are accessibled but I've not
dipped into them yet.

In short then facebook is a bit more flexible and convenient than setting up
an email list.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page