[jaws-uk] Re: FW: Sad news regarding Dr Russell Smith

  • From: "Neil Jarvis" <neiljarvis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:10:11 +1200

You beat me to the punch there George.
Its been a sad day out here in NZ.
What has been strange in some ways is that the whole country knew about the plane crash yesterday but at that time we didn't know who was on board; that news came through late last night (about 24 hours ago for us) and what a shock for those of us who knew him.
The crash is still second or third story on the national news at present.
I was talking to the folks at Humanware in Christchurch this afternoon and as you can imagine they are just stunned. But if anyone feels moved to send condolences from the UK I can guarantee you they'll be welcomed: use the e-mail address at the bottom of the press release which George sent out, or do it from the humanware website.

All the best,

Neil

Neil Jarvis
Wellington, New Zealand